Family
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Birthdays
So coming up in a week or so are our Birthdays. For those of you that don't know Tony's birthday is the day before mine. So, he has never forgotten my birthday and I'm sure never will. His birthday is on the 30th and mine is on the 31st. Tony will be turning the dreaded 30! I will be turning 27. It's amazing how quickly the time flies once you hit 18. When you're a child you count the months, days, hours, and seconds until your next birthday. Especially the big ones. 8 because you get baptised. 12 because you are no longer in primary. 16 because now you can date! 18 because now you are an "adult". 21 because now you are a "real adult". But since I've past all these milestones in my life the years seem to slip by. Most of the time when I'm asked how old I am I have to really think hard and sometimes do the math in my head to make sure that I really am 26 or 27 or whatever. Is that silly? I guess now that real life has settled in, it really doesn't matter how old I am. Of course I may be singing a different tune when I turn 30, or 40, or 50.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahaha!! Just yesterday I was asking my husband how old he was because I couldn't remember...and the funny thing...neither could he! I had to do the math to figure it out. *Sigh* And our birthdays were just a couple months ago!
Post a Comment