Family

Family

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby Charlie

Charles Dennis Foster was born on Thursday, July 28th, 2011 at 3:13 p.m. He weighed in a 8lbs and 14 oz. He measured 19 in long. At my doctor's appointment the day before I have the midwife scrape my membranes to help induce labor. Our moving day was only days away and needless to say I was done being pregnant and wanted to get the show on the road. Contractions started right away, but were very inconsistent and just mildly painful. At 5:30 Thursday morning the contractions started to get consistent, but not any more uncomfortable. By 10:00 I called the midwife to let them know what was going on. They had me come into the office to check my progress before going to the hospital. At 10:30 I was dialated to a 5 and Tony and I headed to the Hospital. Once we got to the hospital progress was still slow. At 1:30 the midwife broke my water and instantly my contraction were hard and fast. By 3:00 I was pushing and by a quarter after I had little Charlie in my arms. I won't go into the groosom details, but lets just say that it took a little more effort on my part to get Charlie out than my other two. Tony said to me later that he thought I was going to swear while I was pushing. After Charlie was born the nurses gave him a some oxygen to help his breathing as well as some suction to get all the gunk out of his lungs. He's been a really good baby so far, knock on wood. Carson and Alaina absolutely adore him...sometimes too much! It's definitely fun to have a baby around again. Much more work and sleep deprivation than I remember, but we're loving every minute of having our baby Charlie.

This is Charlie as of today. I managed to get a little smirk while he was sleeping. Such a little cutie.
Carson and Charlie. What a great big brother Carson has been. He's been a super helper with Charlie and he's always wanting to hold the baby.
Alaina and Charlie. The big sister in action.
Charlie's first bath. He actually didn't do too bad. Not a lot of crying, just a lot of grunting in protest.
Charlie and I just a little while after his birth.