Family

Family

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Alaina Turns 5

Yesterday was Alaina's 5th birthday!  The first thing she said when she got up was "it's my birthday!"  She's been very excited for her birthday this year.  I'm not very good at throwing parties and I have to admit that last year was Carson's first friend party so this year I threw one together for Alaina at the last minute!  A stop at the dollar store for decorations, the grocery store for treats, and a couple calls to friends and we were set.  I have to admit that it turned out pretty good.  

 Decorations.  Alaina chose this and streamers instead of balloons.  
 The food.  Tea cakes.  Grapes and Carrots (Alaina's favorite fruit and vegetable) and sugar cookies.  The girls got to decorate their own cookies.  They had a lot of fun.  I don't have much sprinkles left, but oh well.  
 Yesterday morning I had Alaina look at some pictures of cakes on the internet and this is the one she choose.  I made marshmallow fondant for the first time.  The consensus was that it didn't taste any better than the pre-made stuff but it's cheaper and easier to work with.     
 Alaina and her friends Daphne, Jocelyn, and Sabrina.  
We waited to have cake with the family after dinner.  Unfortunately the gift that Tony and I got for her still hasn't arrived yet. Thank goodness that she was able to open her presents from grandparents.  An adorable dress from the Elton's and fabric for skirts from the Foster's.  Yeah for new cloths!     

I have to say that I was completely exhausted by the end of the day, but Alaina had a wonderful day so it made the long hours in the kitchen worth it.  

No comments: