So, 10 years ago shortly after Tony and I got married I started saving our worn out jeans to make a denim quilt. After the jeans sitting in the top of our closet for years ( I am not exaggerating) I finally cut them up into quilt squares. After the squares had been sitting in a box for a few more years (again not exaggerating) and a move to Rexburg I re-cut the squares so they were actually square and they sat for another year (still not exaggerating) I finally sewed up the squares into a quilt top. The quilt top sat downstairs in the sewing/storage room for a few months awaiting the bottom. I bought this stripped polyester fabric at Walmart for $1 a yard a couple months ago, which was the right price to finish this project. Yesterday I tied it and today I did the binding. So after many, many years this project is finally finished! Yeah!!!!!!!! And the best part it actually looks good, Alaina has already asked if we could go on a picnic to break it in.
The finished product
close up
And Alaina is always eager to model anytime the opportunity arises.
No comments:
Post a Comment