Family

Family

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pregnancy Amnesia

So when I was pregnant with Charlie I vowed that I was never going to be pregnant again!  I was not going to put myself through the months of feeling/being sick, always being exhausted, constant aches and pains, and all the "wonderful" things that go along with growing a baby.  Well, here I am willingly pregnant again.  Why?  Why do we women put ourselves through it all again?  Pregnancy Amnesia.  Sure we remember that we were sick, puking our guts up.  But until we are in the midst of it all again we don't remember how bad it really was.  Sure we remember that we were tired and achy.  But not until we are tired and achy again does it all comes back.  So, here I am vowing that I will never be pregnant again!  That after this we are done.  Don't tell Tony, but I've even gone as far as to tell Heavenly Father that he better send whoever is left because I am not doing this again.  I'm sure that many months from now when that sweet little babe is placed in my arms for the first time I'll say it was all worth it.  Because I always do.  Am I grateful that I can even conceive and bear children when so many women can't?  You bet I am!  But for now I'm trying my hardest to stay positive, not complain too much, work through it all, and take it one day at a time.  Here's to 220 more days until we're done!    

No comments: