Family

Family

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Spring Break

Last week was Spring Break for our kids.  Tony still had to work and it was his turn to drive so the kids and I just sorta hung out at the house.  The kids were doing a pretty good job keeping themselves entertained until Thursday.  On Friday the kids hung out with our neighbors while I went to a doctor's appointment and to the store.  Once Tony got home from work he asked me what I thought about a weekend getaway.  I heartily agreed.  Within an hour we had a hotel booked in Post Falls, Idaho and were packed and ready to go on our impromptu mini-vacation!

Saturday morning we went to Breakfast at a diner featured on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" called Jimmy's Down the Street.  It was just a little place but it was really yummy "real" food!    
 Alaina, me, Lincoln in his car seat, Charlie, and Carson.
 Tony showing off their "world-famous" pecan caramel roll.  It was huge and so yummy!  We shared 1 between the 5 of us.

After we rolled out of the cafe and a stop at Cabellas, we took the kids to a Science Discovery Center in Spokane.  It wasn't nearly as cool as the Discovery Center in Boise, but it was still neat to see the different displays.
 Alaina making a web.
 Charlie playing with magnets.
 The boys making circuits.

After the Science Center we checked out the 3 story mall across the street.  Each of the kids picked up a toy at the Toy store and we got some pretzels for lunch.
 Charlie thoroughly enjoying his cinnamon sugar pretzel.

Then we took the kids to a trampoline park.  The kids were so excited!








 The kids were a bit worn out after an hour of running and jumping.


After expelling lots of energy we went out for pizza for dinner.

Lincoln and I doing what we did most of the day.  I was amazed at the number of comment we got on our little baby and the number of kids we had.  We were fortunate enough that they were all good comments, and the kids were well behaved most of the day so I could accept them easily.

We finished off our fun filled day with swimming at the hotel pool.  Needless to say that it didn't take long for the kids to fall asleep and they slept in until 8:00!  Sunday morning we headed home.  We all really enjoyed our full and fun day away from home!  

No comments: