Man, it feels like the last 2 months have been a roller coaster ride! We've had so much going on I feel like I can hardly keep up. So here is the reader's digest version of what's been going on. Tony and I closed on our house right before we went out of town for a family reunion in Idaho. It was nice to see our family, but I spent the whole weekend thinking about all the work that needed to be done on the house to get it ready for us to move in and all the packing we needed to do on the townhouse. We got home Monday afternoon and went straight to pick up the keys and to get the water turned on. We spent that Monday and Tuesday cleaning the house and carpets. Wednesday and Thursday was spend packing. Friday we moved all the small stuff. Saturday all the big stuff was moved into the house with some help from the brothers in our ward. Monday I spent cleaning the townhouse and Tony (with some help from his co-workers) got the Camaro towed over to the house. It was an exhausting week! The next week we spent ripping out our "clean" carpet downstairs because the smell just wouldn't go away. Sealed the floor and had new carpet installed. School also started for the kids. The following week soccer started for Alaina, which she loves and has improved immensely! She has a really awesome coach this season. Then her 8th birthday and baptism celebrations. We had my parents, Tony's dad, and brother's family come visit for that. Preschool started for Charlie, which he loves! We are mostly unpacked and doing little projects on the house when we can find the time. We have lots of plans and really love our house and all the space it provides for our family. Right now we're hanging all our pictures and noticing that they all need updating badly. We're hoping to rectify that shortly.
Exhausted Alaina asleep on the floor of the new house.
Exhausted Charlie asleep on the couch.
We bought a new refrigerator! I know it's silly to get excited over a new appliance.
All of our furniture was in the kitchen/dining room while we ripped out the carpet and sealed it.
The previous owners let their animals do their business on the carpet. It smelled so bad that I could hardly stand to be in the front room. It's much better now.
Carson and Alaina's first day of school. Carson 5th and Alaina 2nd.
Charlie's first day of preschool.

Alaina's baptism. She was so excited! (disclosure: I was absolutely mortified when I saw these pictures of me. I swear my top didn't look that tight in the mirror when I put it on! I'm so embarrassed.)

Carson also earned his arrow of light award in Cub Scouts last week!
No comments:
Post a Comment