Family

Family

Monday, May 20, 2019

Sewing for my Boys

With some our tax return money we bought a Serger!  I've been planning on sewing new blankets for all my kids and decorating their rooms for a long time.  With the new machine I was chomping at the bit to get going on this project.  I made coordinating quilts for Charlie and Lincoln who share a bedroom.  I did a superhero theme.  It was a lot of work, but it was a fun project and the boys loved seeing the progress I made each day.  And may I say that the Serger made this project to quick and relatively easy!  I love it my new machine!  I used my silhouette to cut out all the Superhero logos which I appliqued to quilt squares.  I came up with custom Superhero logos for each boy.  Lincoln said he's a Fire Ninja.  So his logo is a red ninja on a black background.  Charlie said he'd be super fast and his favorite animal is an eagle.  So his logo is a diving yellow eagle on a green background.  I also made red and blue curtains for their room.  Now to just decorate!    




No comments: