Family

Family

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

It's the most wonderful time of the year! We had a great Christmas. Yes, it wasn't as extravagant as in years past but it was just as enjoyable as in years past. Just being able to spend time together was the best part of all. I do have to admit that Christmas Evening I felt like something was missing and I couldn't think of what it was. Then I realised that we hadn't read the story of Christ's birth from the scriptures. Usually it's done Christmas Eve with all the other festivities, but this year somehow it got missed. Yes, the little kids did the nativity, but we sang hymns and primary songs with the acting. So before we went to bed that night I read the story aloud. What a difference just reading about the true meaning of Christmas made! What a wonderful gift we have been given from our Heavenly Father, the Christ child.

No comments: