Family

Family

Friday, August 20, 2010

Changes

The last couple of weeks have been interesting for me. Filled with school preparation for Carson, packing, working, and normal day-to-day life. The last few weeks have been filled with sorrow and happiness too. The sorrow is for all the family and friends around me dealing with mental, physical, and spiritual trials. The happiness is for all the new beginnings. As many of you know we are renting out our home in Nampa. When I think of leaving this home, tears come to my eyes. Tony and I bought this house a week before we got married 7 1/2 years ago. This home is where I was a newlywed. This home is where I brought home my babies. This is where I've spent my whole married life. So many memories. Honestly I never thought we would be here for so long. When we bought our "starter home", it was supposed to be just that, "We'll be here for a few years and then we'll move on to something bigger and better" is what I thought. But life happens and you make due with what you have. Now with the prospect of leaving, my heart is heavy. It is just a house, but it is our house, our home. I just pray that we'll find someone who will take good care of it while we are away. Next week we'll be moving in with my parents in Meridian. I have mixed feelings about living with Mom and Dad. First I'm excited to be able to spend quality time with them. Developing a deeper relationship with them that isn't just a parent/child relationship, but a friend/friend relationship. Being able to share my family with them before we move on and have someone to share the responsibilities of caring for a home with. Second, I'm a little apprehensive about living with them again. I am not the same Angie as I was 8 years ago when I left there. Honestly my Mom and Dad have changed too in the last 8 years. Will the Angie of today be able to coexist with the Mom and Dad of today? I am grateful to my parents for being generous to my family and allowing us to stay with them until we move on. I pray that Heavenly Father will bless all of us with his spirit that the next few months will be an enjoyable time and one that we look back on with fondness. So, changes happen to all of us. Some of them are of our own doing and some are not. I guess the best thing to do when faced with changes is to try having a positive outlook on life and take one day at a time. Right now I'm so busy packing and getting the house ready for us to leave that I haven't had a lot of time to dwell on it all. I'm sure that will come, but for now...I have some more packing to do.

No comments: