Family

Family

Friday, May 13, 2011

28 weeks

I've hit my 3rd Trimester!!!!! I'm so glad to be in the home stretch. This week I had my 28 week check-up which included a glucose test and a Rogam shot. My sugar and iron levels are good, I'm measuring on schedule, the baby has a strong heartbeat, is head down, and very active! For those who don't know what a Rogam shot is, I'll explain. Rogam is a shot they give to women that have negative blood, like me. I have 0- blood. This shot prevents my body from developing antibodies against a positive blood baby in the future. For example since Carson is B+ I had to have this shot so that when I got pregnant with Alaina, who is also B+, my body wouldn't attack her and cause a miscarriage. It's a big shot that hurts and leaves me sore for awhile afterwards. They give it to you in the butt at 28 weeks and after delivery. Ah, the joys of pregnancy! I would be lying if I said I feel great all the time...because it simply is untrue. I've already gained 30 lbs (yuck). I'm hungry all the time, but rarely find anything that appetizing, other than sweets, that is what explains the weight gain. I have heartburn, but not as bad as with Alaina and usually only when I wait too long to eat. I'm starting get short of breath and have a hard time getting comfortable, especially when I'm trying to sleep. But I'm not throwing up and that is always a blessing! We are all very excited for our little baby to come and bless our family.

1 comment:

Shawn AND Chelsey said...

i have to get the rogam shot too!!! you look great! i've got to add you to my blog list so i remember to check your blog more often! your family is so cute!!! :)