Family
Monday, May 23, 2011
The Joys of Parenthood
At about 12:30 last night Carson came and knocked on our door and said the words every parent loves to hear, " I threw up in my bed." As Tony and I both grown and crawl out of bed we are met at the kids bedroom door first and foremost with the smell. The smell that tells you, "You'd better get ready, because you're in for some fun!" I have kind of a weak stomach anyways, but pregnancy doesn't make it any better. I immediately had to leave the room to catch my breath. I repeated this process about three times before I could stand to go investigate how bad it really was. Next, was the sight. Carson was not kidding when he said he'd thrown up. It was everywhere! I will spare you the groosome details, but lets just say that it took us about an hour to get everything cleaned up and 4 loads of laundry. I was so glad that Tony was there to help with the clean up. He tied a bandanna around his nose and mouth so he could stand going in the kids room, which I have to admit was a good idea that I probably should have done also. He hates throw up even more than I do, so the fact that he was right in there with me helping to clean everything up was wonderful...even though it meant throwing his back out. When this happened I thought to myself, "Great, what else is going to happen? Am I going to go into labor? It would definitely add to the excitement of the night. Not!" Well, now that all is cleaned up, laundry is being done and pillows and mattress pads are drying I can say that Carson seems to be feeling fine this morning, Tony's back is sore, and I'm super tired. I will definitely try to take a nap this afternoon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment