Family

Family

Friday, January 20, 2012

Charlie's 6 months (Almost)

That's right!  Charlie will be 6 months old next week!  I can hardly believe it!  We have really enjoyed Charlie and as every mother says, "We can't imagine what life would be without him."  He's sitting up now for the most part.  I put the Boppy around him for when he does start to tumble.  He's getting really good at rolling around and that is something my other kids never really did.  He's eating solid foods really well.  Yes, I am one of those awful non-mainstream mothers that starts their children on solid foods before the ripe old age of 6 months or later.  My kids are hungry and frankly they like it!  He's had rice and oatmeal cereal, apples, pears, peaches, prunes, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, and peas. He seams to like them all fine as long as I warm them up a little.  We haven't discovered a food he likes or dislikes particularly yet.   I'm still nursing and he takes a formula bottle most evenings.  He sleeps 4-6 hours at a time most nights, sometimes longer, which has been wonderful!  My older kids didn't sleep this well until they were 2 or 3 years old!  He is still a thumb sucker, which I've conceded to his happiness of sucking his thumb rather than my principle of never having a thumb sucker.  Thankfully he only sucks it when he's hungry or sleepy.  This fact does make it difficult when I'm feeding him.  He's a very slobbery little guy which has resulted in a rash on his neck and chest.  It's been a little difficult to figure out how to get rid of the rash (even after multiple visits to the dermatologist who I was not very impressed with at all!), but I think we've got it under control.  He's a very happy guy.  He'll still make you work for a smile at times, but the smiles are more and more plentiful each day.  We all love our little Charlie Man.         





1 comment:

Michelle said...

I swear you JUST had him. He CANT be 6 months. Seriously??!!! Wow. I'm glad you're getting some sleep. I can't believe you survived for 2 and 3 years on such little sleep-- my hat is off to you!!!