This is what Alaina looks like on most days...frizzy, crazy hair and all. Love her!
Family
Friday, January 27, 2012
Alaina Belle
In my last post I talked about all that Charlie is doing and thought that I should do the same for Alaina and Carson too. So, Alaina is 4 years old and certainly is sweet and spicy. When I was pregnant with Alaina and found out we were having a girl I have to admit the things I imagined about what my little girl would be like are far from reality. I imagined a little curly haired brunette with brown eyes with a sweet disposition. She would always be dressed in cute matching outfits and her lovely locks would always be in it's proper place. Nothing but sweet words would come from her mouth and she would always be proper and loving. Well, realistically Alaina is a girl with wavy/frizzy dark blond hair and amber eyes. She loves dressing in eccentric outfits that she puts together herself. Most of the time I let her wear what she wants. Though I fix Alaina hair everyday, it rarely stays in it's place. The things that come out of her mouth either make me want to laugh or scream. Right now she's doing Gymnastics and loves it! Alaina has walked on her tip toes since she could walk and so we thought we'd put that skill to good use. Her favorite event is the balance beam. Everyday she asks me if we have Gymnastics today. I recently got together with some other moms from our ward to put together a preschool group. We are only on our second week, but Alaina loves it too. She wants to learn to read so bad, but we've got to start with the basics. She also asks everyday if we have Preschool. She won't start Kindergarten until September of 2013 because of a late birthday, but at least she'll never struggle in school. A normal day for Alaina involves cleaning her room and making her bed (this task can take anywhere from a few minutes to all day depending on her mood), dressing up, looking at books, coloring, watching movies, and playing with her dolls and barbies. She always want to help whenever I'm in the kitchen which honestly can be annoying that she's always there, but she really is a great help. Recently she's started helping fold laundry and no I didn't ask her to do this or bribe her in any way. She loves to be big and is always talking about "when I'm big I'll do ..." She is my little gofer. Getting this for me or that for Charlie. She really doesn't mind doing these things and she really makes my life a little easier. Don't get me wrong she can be a little bossy butt! In her effort to be big she thinks she knows it all and isn't afraid to tell you! Although Alaina might not be what I imagined my little girl would be I wouldn't give her back. We love her so much and are thankful that she part of our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment