The last few weeks I've been working on this dress in my spare time. I finally finished it on Friday afternoon. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out and loved using my new machine. It's amazing the difference it made on how the dress turned out.
The finished product.
On the sleeves I used more ribbon instead of elastic. Honestly I wanted to use my automatic button hole function on my machine and this gave me an excuse to do it. Also I wanted to try something other than what the pattern showed. I messed up a bit at the beginning and almost went back and did it just like the pattern but ended up getting the sleeves to look super cute.
I did a specialty stitch on the hem. Another excuse to use a cool function on my new machine.
Buttons, and again another excuse to use a cool function on my new machine.
Matching purse. Honestly I am not that pleased with this at all and will probably refashion it later, but frankly ran out of time. So here it is...for now.
Alaina in ribbons and bows. I even made a matching hair bow that you can't see in the picture. She loves her Easter outfit...and that always makes all the time and effort going into it worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment