So, when my kids get about Charlie's age I'll buy a toddler backpack to use as the diaper bag and make them carry it around. Well, with living in Rexburg the choices were pretty limited. So I bought some fabric to make him one. Shortly after buying the fabric (which I got on Clearance) my sewing machine broke. After purchasing my new machine (Hooray!) I started on it. I used a free tutorial online, but had to tweak their pattern a few times and if I were to make it again I'd probably tweak it some more. But I feel like for a first attempt it turned out pretty good.
The front. I would add a pocket on the front, but quite frankly I was ready to be done with this project and move on to my pile of other projects that are pilling up.
A close up on the straps. My new machine has all these really cool stitches and had an excuse to use one, so I did.
My new machine can also do monograms.
The back. I had to redo these straps at least 3 times before I could get it right.
It's more preschool sized than toddler sized, but Charlie loves it and for all intents and purposes this project is done.
No comments:
Post a Comment