Today was the first day of school for our kiddos this year. I'd be dishonest if I said I haven't been counting down the days until it started. Carson started 3rd grade and Alaina started Kindergarten. Carson was up and ready to go before I was this morning. Alaina had a heck of a time waiting until school started for her. She has afternoon Kindergarten. I hardly got a goodbye hug from Carson this morning and didn't get one at all from Alaina before she darted into her classroom. It's a good thing I'm not one of those crying all over the place moms over the fact that my babies are growing up too fast, or I would have felt cheated! I rode my bike to and from the school 3 times today between taking Carson to school, taking Alaina to school, and picking both of them up. This will not be a regular occurrence as I feel my kids are big enough to ride their bikes without me as long as they stay together. They both had great reports about school and are excited to go back tomorrow. Alaina especially enjoyed her day at school. So here's to another crazy, busy school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment