Family

Family

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Carson Turns 9

For our kids we alternate between party with friends or activity with a friend (movie, bowling, etc.) for their birthdays.  Honestly I prefer the later.  It's easier, less expense, less time and planning, and not nearly as exhausting.  But I do it because I love my kids.  I'll say that I will most likely never throw a party like the ones you see on Pintrest with banners, matching candy bowls, matching water bottles, pre-posed pictures of your kids etc.   Carson and I went to the dollar store and bought a bunch of party stuff and planned the party around that, race-cars.  Carson had 5 boys over.  We played the typical party games along with a bunch of races.  Then had pizzas and cupcakes.  I think the boys enjoyed themselves and that's what counts.    
 Getting ready for the party.
 The birthday boy.  I know I say it every year, but I can hardly believe how big he's getting.
 The boys
Birthday party means no extravagant cake on mom's part.  Sorry.

No comments: