Family

Family

Monday, December 16, 2013

Getting our Christmas on

I don't know why but it seems this year I'm feeling super overwhelmed with Christmas and I have so much to do and not enough time to do it all!  So although we got a tree and decorated it over a week ago I'm finally getting around to posting about it.  Tony and I have yet to figure out why tree lots don't exist in our part of the country but they don't so we got our tree at Lowe's while we were in Idaho Falls.  I won't go into the details of the fiasco of getting the tree, but all you need to know is that some employees at Lowe's got an ear full from their manager.  We put up the tree on the 8th after church.  Tony wasn't feeling well so I got to enjoy the experience of hauling in the tree, sawing off the bottom, and making sure it stood straight.  It was a lot of work.  After stringing the lights I let the kids go at it decorating the tree.  Usually I'll supervise the decorating and even re-decorate the tree after kids go to bed so that the tree is evenly decorated with ornaments.  Not so this year.  I guess I decided it really wasn't that important and just let the kids have fun decorating the tree. 

 Charlie making sure the bottom of the tree is well covered.
 Alaina hard at work.
 I never thought of hanging ornaments from ornaments.
 Carson's getting so grown up!
The finished product!

No comments: