From day 1 Charlie has been his own man. His first year of life was quite difficult for everyone involved because he wanted to to things himself but his little body just couldn't comply. Well now that's he's got most of his fine motor skills down, and talking is coming along more each day, now he wants to do everything he can do (not necessarily should do) on his own. Whenever I try to help him he'll say, "No, Charlie do it!" I have to admit that many times it would just be easier and faster if he'd just let me do stuff for him, but I know that he needs to learn to do these things for himself. Now he's undressing and dressing himself with minimal help from me. Turning the water on and off for baths, washing hands, and brushing teeth. Brushing his teeth. Pouring his own drink. Putting on his shoes. And the latest is getting out the movie he wants to watch and putting in in the player and turning on the t.v. I try to not let him do this so that all of our DVDs and Blu-rays don't get all scratched and grubby from his little fingers. He's a smart little bugger and fast too. Everyday I realize more and more that my baby is gone and I've got a little boy on my hands. Honestly I think that if I wanted to I could potty train him and he'd probably pick it up pretty fast. But to say that I hate potty training would be an understatement. So I'll put if off a bit longer. Charlie's quite the character and we certainly love having him as part of our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment