Family

Family

Friday, May 2, 2014

Moving

The dreaded six letter word...moving.  Tony recently accepted a job with Terex at the Genie Industries site in Moses Lake, Washington.  We've been looking at this job for a few months now.  A buddy from school told Tony he'd be a shoe in for this job.  Tony applied but then heard nothing.  Then who happened to be at the BYU-Idaho career fair but a rep. from Terex.  Tony gives them his resume and then has his first interview the next day.  Two more phone interviews followed and then a paid trip for Tony and I up to Moses Lake for an on site interview.  I have to be honest that Moses Lake was not what I imagined.  When I think of Washington, I think of forests, mountains, rivers, and streams.  Moses Lake is not like that.  Imagine sage brush in every direction with gentle rolling hills, and a lake.  Not a clear mountain lake, but a desert lake.  It's a good thing that I've lived in an environment like that most of my life.  Much of southern Idaho is that way.  A huge plus is that Moses lake is warmer than Rexburg and gets much less snow!  I could tell Tony was extremely excited about the prospect of going to work for this company.  I had my reservations.  Mostly fear of moving to a place I was unfamiliar with and knew no one.  As Tony and I explored the town we didn't get the overwhelming feeling that this was our new home, but mostly we felt like we could live there and make it work.  A few days later Tony received an offer.  Tony and I did a lot of praying, talking, and a visit to the temple.  Ultimately we felt like we were being lead to Moses Lake and that's where our Father in Heaven wanted us.  So we excepted the offer.  Yesterday we gave our landlord our 30 days notice and today I ordered the U Haul.  The plan is to pull out of town the day after the kids get out of school.  We'll break up the 10 hour drive by staying overnight in Boise.  We still need to make one more trip up to Moses Lake to find an apartment or house to rent for the next few months while we look for a house to buy.  Now to do the absolute worst part...actually packing.  Sigh!            

No comments: