This last weekend we traveled up to Ensign Ranch a church camp about an hour and a half from Moses Lake. Our Stake was doing a wood cutting service project for the camp and we went to help. We decided to camp and brought along our trailer and lots of coats and blankets. It rained all Friday night but we all managed to stay dry and warm. Saturday morning after breakfast (the food was provided by the Stake) we got to work. I really didn't do a whole lot, mostly just helping the kids and keeping them away from anything dangerous. By lunch time all the cutting, splitting, and stacking was done and between all the wards all the wood sheds were filled and then some. And let me tell you that I'm not exaggerating when I tell you there was a lot of wood! I have to be honest that I had a preconceived notion that Tony would be working the whole time while my kids whined and complained about how hard it was and asking every 10 minutes when we could go home. But to my amazement they got right in there and help wherever they could. Alaina helped stack wood. Carson helped run the log-splitter, roll logs into place and whatever else needed to be done. Charlie also helped stack wood and ran the log-splitter for a little while with some help for me or Tony. I was told on multiple occasions of how awesome my kids were that they were helping and working so hard. Major proud mom moment and I'm not ashamed to say that my eyes got a little misty as I watched my family working together. I thoroughly enjoyed being out in nature. I love the mountains in the fall! The crisp air and the autumn leaves of the trees mixed with the evergreen pines is just beautiful! It was a lovely weekend. We were all exhausted when we got home and the muddy cloths and shoes were less than fun to deal with, but I'd say it was all worth it.
Our camp
Charlie and Alaina found a place to sit among all the log waiting to be split.
Charlie, Alaina, and I took a bit of a break from the wood cutting a found a neat little stream.
Cuties by the stream.
Carson
Tony and Carson rolling logs.
Alaina and some of the other kids made a makeshift see saw.
Charlie was insistent that Daddy help him split some logs. He wanted to help too!
No comments:
Post a Comment