Family

Family

Monday, October 6, 2014

Life is Precious

On Friday I reach the half way point in my pregnancy.  This Friday I also have my ultrasound to see the gender of this baby.  As many of you know being pregnant is one of my very least favorite things in the world!  And there are many days that I just can't wait until the day that I feel like myself again.  I'm sure that Tony would tell you that I complain way more than I should, and I really try not too.  But after hearing news of a family members loss of a second baby, makes one really stop and think.  They had a baby boy a few months before Charlie was born with a genetic disorder, he lived for 10 days.  Then a baby girl born 5 days ago was born with the same genetic disorder and passed away last night.  Oh, how my heart aches for them.  I can't imagine what they're going through.  It makes me think how dare I complain at all when my babies are born healthy.  I've always been able to to carry my babies full-term and have natural un-complicated deliveries.  I know that there is always that chance that you could loose your precious little ones at anytime.  So today I've been reminded to be grateful for each of my children, even this little one I'm carrying that causes me (inadvertently) to feel physically ill.  Today I'll be grateful for the piles of dirty dishes and laundry because that means that I have them to care for.  Today I'll be grateful for the fighting and bickering because that means that I have them to teach and guide.  Today I'll be grateful for each sick feeling in my stomach because that means that I have the opportunity to give this little spirit a body and a chance to be part of our family (as imperfect as it is).  Today I will remember that life is precious.        

2 comments:

Randall said...

Thank you Angela. Your family is beautiful and we love you guys! One day we will be reunited with these little precious and perfect babies.

With both Ben and Kate we were fortunate enough to be able to give them a name and a blessing...these were easily 2 of the most spiritual experiences in my life, as members of my family can also attest to. They truly are each a blessing to our family as they graced our presence for just this short time. We will definitely miss them but we also know that they have a greater calling to fulfill right now. They also won't have to endure the trials and temptations that we do.

Once again, we love you guys! (and I missed you at the reunion, understandably) :(

Angie said...

We love you guys too and are praying for your family through this difficult time.