Family

Family

Friday, November 6, 2015

Carson's 11th Birthday

This year Carson was pretty specific about the cake he wanted.  I made a cake from scratch.  Once it was cooled I went to take it out of the prepared pan and it all fell apart!  So I put it back in the pan and just decorated it in the pan.  Thankfully Carson's theme was very forgiving and it still looked pretty cool!
 Carson's "Hot Wheels cake in the desert"
This year Tony and I got Carson his own IPod.  As you can tell by the picture Carson was beside himself with excitement.  It was a little difficult for me to get something like this for him, but Carson has always taken good care of his things and has never given us a reason not to trust him.  He's been given some ground rules of when, where, and how he can use the IPod.  He's been on it a little more than I'd like, but it is still new and an exciting thing to have.

I say it with every birthday and milestone my kids make, but I can hardly believe how grown up they are becoming!  Carson is such a great kid and I am very blessed to be his mom.  He's a very affectionate kid and so helpful with his siblings, especially Lincoln.  So here is to the last year of being a kid and then onto the tween stage...eeek!

No comments: