Family

Family

Friday, November 6, 2015

Halloween 2015

This year for Halloween we went to a trunk or treat at our church.  Came home for dinner.  Tony took the older kids trick or treating around the Neighborhood and I stayed home with Lincoln to hand out candy.  We actually got a decent amount of kids come to our door this year and we gave away all our candy.  The kids all came home with a ton of candy and each got a full sized candy bar!
 The night before Halloween we carved pumpkins.  An Avenger pumpkin, a witch's hat (hid behind Alaina's knees), a transformer pumpkin, and a cute little Jack-o-lantern.  Tony and I didn't get our own pumpkins this year.  We figured that we spend so much time helping the kids with their pumpkins we didn't need to.  Which turned out to be the case.  I carved both Charlie and Lincoln's pumpkins.
This year I talked Alaina into being Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz because she already had sparkly red shoes and I had blue gingham fabric to make a costume for her.  Charlie got to pick a costume from the costume box and decided on Optimus Prime after much debate.  Carson wanted to be Captain America and Tony made his shield out of Foam Board and paint.  It cost probably $4 to make.  Much better than the $20 Party City wanted for their plastic shields.  Lincoln modeled the Lion costume all three of the boys have worn their first Halloween.  I have come to the conclusion that Halloween doesn't have to be elaborate to have a good time, and look our kids are happy and cute as ever!    

No comments: