Family

Family

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Cutting out the Crap: Update

So it's been 5 months since I made the decision to scale back on my social media use.  What I've noticed is that I get a whole lot more done than I used to.  You know those projects that have been sitting there staring you in the face for who knows how long that never get done because you just don't have the "time".  Well more of those are getting done.  I feel less frazzled all the time and like I actually have a purpose and direction each of my days.  I do have to admit that it's been hard for me to break the habit of each time I sit down to rest to open Facebook.  I didn't realize what an addiction, and yes I meant to say addiction, social media can be.  I won't tell you how many times I've deleted and then reinstalled the Facebook app on my IPad.  The thing is that I don't really miss it.  It really is just a waste of time to see articles I don't care about and people I don't even know!  But what I do miss is that I really don't take pictures or videos of my family anymore.  How sad is it that because I'm not bragging about my kids all the time on Facebook I don't brag about them at all.  So I'm revising my social media use.  I'm still not going to have the Facebook app on my IPad because it's just too much of a temptation to waste my precious time.  But I am going to start taking pictures and videos of my family again, and I will post a few of them.

As far as my healthier eating and being more active, my approach has seemed to work pretty well.  I've lost almost 20 lbs and feel great!  I'm down a size in my cloths and have so much more energy and confidence.  Although I haven't managed to loose any more weight in about a month, I haven't gained any back either.  I blame that on the fact that we've made 3 road trips in the last 2 months, and it's the end of the school year which is always crazy busy!  I'm hoping the I'll be able to get into a routine again soon.

So just for your enjoyment here is a picture of Charlie from our latest road trip, which I'll talk about in a later post.  I think it adequately shows how we all felt by the end of it. 😃
       

No comments: