Family

Family

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Summer 2017

Oh what a whirlwind of a summer we had!  It was wonderful and I was glad to spend the time with my family!  So that we don't end up having super long post I'll give you the reader's digest version with some pictures.

Tony, Carson, and I participated in our first Trek.  It was the hardest thing I've ever done and we learned a lot.  We really loved our "Foster" kids and created lifetime memories.
 We took the kids to Silverwood Theme Park again to use the tickets they earn through reading.  It was awesome this year because Lincoln is 2 and free so we only had to pay for Tony and I.  The weather was great.  The lines were short and I even helped with the magic show.  It was pretty cool!
 I did a wedding cake for my neighbor's daughter.  It had been a while since I'd done an all real cake, but I was really happy with the way it turned out.
 The kids and I watched the Eclipse.  We were not in the path of totality but it was still pretty cool.
 Charlie celebrated his sixth birthday!
Charlie's cake with strawberries and Lego toys he picked out.
 We visited the cabin as part of a family reunion for Tony's family.  It had been over 6 years since we had been there and so Charlie and Lincoln had never been.  It was so nice and I hope it won't take that long for us to go up again.
 For Labor Day Tony and I took the kids up to Leavenworth for the day.  It was super smoky from all the wildfires but it was still pretty cool.  We spent the morning going through the shops and the afternoon swimming in the river.
When we moved from Rexburg 3 years ago we left our barbecue with the intention on buying a new one.  Well we never did and I have missed it.  A ward member gave us their "broken" barbecue.  After some major cleaning up it was as good as new and enjoyed some of Tony's super delicious ribs.    
Alaina turned 10! 
And Carson kissed the sidewalk!

In the midst of all this there was also scout camp for Tony and Carson.  A trip to Utah for the funeral of a close family friend.  A couple trips to Boise for a baby blessing and a family reunion.  We did some camping in there too, but not as much as we would have liked.  The kids and I visited the pool at least once a month and Alaina overcame her fear of the water slide and loved it.  As it always does summer seems to go by way too fast and I'm already missing the warm sunshine.  But I do have something to get me through the upcoming cold months as Tony and I are planning a trip to Hawaii for our 15th Wedding Anniversary!  To say I'm excited is an understatement. 

No comments: