So this last weekend the kids and I made a trip down to Idaho so Tony and I could do some more house shopping. Tony had been weeding out the too small, too beat up, too weird and too disgusting houses during the week. (You'll have to ask him about the details of some of the "gems" he found) On Saturday Tony and I went to go look at a house in Nampa that we both really liked but decided that it just wasn't right for us or our budget. Throughout this whole process we had toyed with the idea of building a home. But that meant waiting 6 months for our home to be built which would put us in an inconvenient living arrangement until then. I was really hoping that the right house for us would just magically appear and with the right price tag. But that rarely happens and Tony and I felt like with every house we looked at we were having to talk ourselves into it and into the price. After our visit with a local builder, a lot of discussion, and prayer we've decided to build a home in Middleton, Idaho. Middleton is a small town outside of Nampa. We've lived in smaller communities for the last 7 years so this will be nothing new to us. We've picked out a lot in the Kestrel neighborhood and I love the country feel! Tony's parents have graciously offered to let us live with them until our house is ready. It's never easy to live with family and have to share space but I'm hopeful that we'll be able to help each other throughout the whole process. Tony, the kids, and I are super excited about our new house and I hope that it'll be done before we know it. Here is a link to the builder's website with the floor plan we've picked. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you can look at homes that are already built to give you an idea of what it'll look like.
https://cbhhomes.com/FloorPlans/columbia-2530
No comments:
Post a Comment