Family

Family

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

The Great Foster Migration

 So as many of you know by now we are moving!  It came out of the blue and it's been a bit of a whirlwind!  Tony had been struggling with his employer here in Moses Lake.  The last 18 months have been pretty difficult.  He had started to look for other job opportunities.  Then our summer was super crazy so we decided that we would give his employer one more chance to do what they've been promising him.  We said we'd wait until April 2018 and make a decision then about what to do.  Once we decided to stay I said to Tony, "Now you just wait.  Now that we've decided to stay in Moses Lake something will happen."  My famous last words!  In October Tony was contacted by a previous employer in Rexburg, Idaho.  The next day he was contacted by a previous manager in Nampa, Idaho.  Both were unsolicited and both offered him a position in their companies with similar salary and benefits.  We were surprised to say the least.  I had always heard of this sort of stuff happening to people, but never to us!  It was pretty obvious to us that the Lord was providing a way for us to move back to Idaho.  After a couple weeks of prayers, pondering, and a lot of discussion Tony accepted a mechanical engineering position with a company in Nampa, Idaho called House of Design.  The next week we showed the house to a coworker of Tony's.  The next day we had an offer and a few days later we had the house under contract.  As long as everything goes well we'll close on or before January 5th.  Over Thanksgiving weekend we drove down to Nampa to spend the holiday weekend with our family.  Tony stayed there to start his new job.  The kids and I came back to Moses Lake to get the house packed and let the kids finish up the couple weeks of school before Christmas Break.  We are still trying to find the right home for us in Nampa, but thankfully we have a lot of family down there willing to help us out until we're able to get into our own home again.  I have to admit that my emotions have been all over the place during the last few weeks.  I'm happy, sad, stressed, overwhelmed, frustrated, excited, etc..  I see that the Lord's hand is truly in this whole process and I have to remind myself to put my trust in him and everything will work out and be ok.  So here is to the end of another chapter in our lives and the beginning of another one. 

I was feeling a little sad that we won't be able to decorate for Christmas this year and our holiday celebrations will be a little different.  So I got a little tree with some lights and ornaments so we could still have a little bit of Christmas while we prepare to move. 


No comments: