Family

Family

Thursday, April 28, 2022

2021-Getting back to normal, but not quite there yet.

 Celebrated 18 years of marriage this weekend in McCall. Went to Zim’s hot springs because Goldfork was closed (lame). Couldn’t check into our hotel until after 3:00 (double lame). The hotel was not exactly nice and our dinner at Lardos was a bit of a disappointment (triple lame). It pretty sad that our best meal of the weekend was IHOP. But this weekend wasn’t about all that stuff. It was about spending time together and celebrating the life we’ve built. #18yearsandcounting #lovethismanofmine


March 2021 — Orthodontist Assistant
Meridian, Idaho
So I had been working part time as a waitress at a local Chinese restaurant since Fall of 2018.  I liked it for the most part but I missed spending my nights and weekends with my family.  After one particularly bad shift I decided it was time for a job change.  Tony and I had talked since living in Washington about me going to school to become a dental hygienist.  After looking into the educational opportunities here in the treasure valley the cost was too much.  I found a couple of dental assisting programs and was just ready to pull the trigger when I got hired as an orthodontic assistant.  Dr. Howell said there was no need for me to go to school and that he'd train me on the job.  He is awesome to work for and treats his staff amazingly.  All the ladies I work with are awesome and I really do love my job most days.  Added benefit is free braces for our family!

Yes, I’m one of those people that thinks kindergarten graduation is a bit silly, but it doesn’t make Lincoln any less cute! #growingup


Spent our Independence Day Weekend enjoying God’s beautiful creations! I’ll be celebrating tonight feeling clean and refreshed after a shower. Then I’ll relax my soar muscles in my comfy bed. #enjoyingthecomfortsoflifeintheUSA #themountainsaremyhappyplace #familytime


The first game of the year! Love watching my boy play in the marching band and support our local team! Last year Carson expressed a desire to become a better drummer. After a year of lessons and lots of practiced he earned the snare drum part and section leader as a Junior! This is a big deal and I’m so proud!!! Almost brought to tears watching him lead the band and drum line! It’s going to be a great marching band season! #bandkidmom #lovemydrummer #fridaynightlights

Originally our plans for Labor Day weekend were to go camping. As a cold went through the kids this last week that got canceled. So we went on a 23 hour adventure instead! Tony and I have been looking at getting a third car for awhile now. Our plans were to get Tony a truck but with prices being so outrageous right now we decided to go with a run around car for now. For the last two weeks we’ve been looking locally for the car he wanted with features he wanted in the right price range with no luck. I found this one in Everett Washington online Saturday evening. After Tony’s brother (who just happened to be in the area at the time) looked at it and did a video call with us at the time, we decided to go for it! Using flyer miles we flew to Seattle via a 4 hour layover in Oakland, California. Tony’s brother picked us up and dropped us off at the car lot. We did the paper work and then drove it home. We left our house at 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning and got home at 4:00 a.m. this morning. Right now we all feel like we got hit by a train! But Tony got the car he really wanted, we got to spend some one on one time with our girl, and Alaina got to experience flying for the first time which was hilarious! #newtouscar #mazda3 #adventure! #zzzzzzzz


Birthday, carving pumpkins, and Halloween all in one day! I’m exhausted, but I love celebrating the wonderful young man Carson is becoming! It’s been such a joy to see him blossom and become so confident! In the last few months he’s done marching band, choir, drum lessons, work, school, church and everything in between! I think this is the first time in 17 years we had a birthday cake on his actual birthday! I guess that’s what happens when your birthday is on a holiday. Carson dressed as a mobster, Alaina a fairy which she made and put together all on her own, Charlie Luigi and Lincoln was Mario! #mykidsaregrowingup😢 #halloween2021

Christmas Festivities.


















No comments: