Family

Family

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Another Update

We'll I thought that I should fill you all in on what's going on in our life right now. Carson and Alaina are growing and learning everyday. I am continually amazed at how smart they are. Carson is in a preschool group with some other kids in our ward. Each of the moms take a turn teaching. I have a difficult time when it's my turn to teach 4-5 3 and 4 year olds, but they are learning, and they enjoy the time together. Alaina is progressing very well. She jabbers all the time and lately I've been able to understand a word here and there. It's been very gratifying to see my children grow and progress. I'm still working part-time at JCPenny. I actually enjoy it. It's really close to my home, the work is fairly easy and low stress, and the discount is really nice. Tony's job is difficult right now. He is working 30 hours at Diamond Z doing drafting and 40 at the Scentsy Warehouse doing shipping. He is very tired and of course me at the kids only see him for about an hour a day and weekends. While he isn't working at Diamond Z or Scentsy he is searing for a new job to replace the two he is working now. It's been a very trying time for our family. Each day we hope a pray for a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. The good thing about have big trials in our life is that we are able to rely on the lord for help. Tony and I have been reading our scriptures and praying more often and fervently than we ever have in our married life, which will be 6 years in January. At first I was just going through the motions of "doing what I was supposed to" hoping that that would be enough for the lord to bless us with what I wanted ( a new job). But now I'm coming to the realisation that God has a plan for us and I need to submit to the plan. I need to be "doing what I'm supposed to" not for blessings but for my own good and for the good of our family. I don't know what God has in store for us, and part of me is a little scared to find out. But going through this time has humbled me and I know that I will be more willing to accept God's plan. I love my family so much, and thank them for their continual support, i.e. babysitting and moral support. I am also so thankful for Tony. I love him so much! I respect him so much that he is able to do what he is doing right now. Yes, times are hard but we will be better because of it.

1 comment:

Lauryl said...

Good luck with everything. I admire your faith and know that you will continue to fight the good fight.