Family

Family

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Carson Lee

Carson Lee, our first born.  I love my not-so-little man so much!  I depend on him a lot and he's a huge helper!  He's now 7 years old.  He's in first grade this year and is doing excellent in school.  He's reading wonderfully and seems to really enjoy it.  I love watching him read bedtime stories to his sister, it is so cute!  Carson is like most boys his age, he loves Legos, Transformers, Video Games, and Movies.  We really haven't found an extracurricular activity that he really enjoys yet.  I think this spring we're going to put him in a ballroom dance camp and see how he likes it.  Recently Tony and I have started giving the kids allowance each week when the do their chores everyday ($2 a week).  This has worked miracles with Carson and the best thing is that when he wants something I don't have to say "no"  I just say "save your money and you can have it".  Carson is one of those kids that thrive with a routine and have a hard time with change.  Most mornings he gets up on his own and is dressed for school before I even get out of bed.  He eats at school, but I think I'm going to start packing lunch for him on the days that "hot lunch" is less than to be desired.  I'm tired of him coming home starving because he didn't like what they served at school that day.  When he gets home from school he does his homework, then chores, then plays video games until dinner.  After dinner he usually plays with his Legos or Transformers.  We have scripture and prayer before bed each night and if we forget Carson is sure to remind us.  Carson is a happy kid most of the time and makes good choices most of the time (no one is perfect).  He's very forgiving, which is great for me because with him being my first kid I've made a lot of mistakes with him.  Thankfully he still loves me and gives me 2nd and 3rd chances often.  I can hardly believe that this fall he'll be turning 8 and getting baptized!  My baby is sure growing up...sniff, sniff.        


No comments: