So after the parade we had a lunch of Fried Chicken...doesn't get much more American than that! Then we went swimming at "The Sandbar" in St. Anthony. It's this fun little beach along the river. There was a makeshift water slide that Carson loved and a diving board that was lots of fun too! Tony got some great pictures just to discover that he had forgotten to put the memory card back into the camera, bummer! Anyway we came home and had a good old American BBQ with a patriotic desert. It was all very yummy.
I know it's not much to look at but in my defense I had the help of a 4 year old with the cake.
After Dinner we just kinda hung out until the fireworks started. We live just down the street from the county fairgrounds so we didn't even have to leave our front yard. I have to admit that the city fireworks were pretty sad. They started before it even got dark and the show was lets say that it didn't seem like they put much effort into it. Oh well maybe next year we'll go to Idaho Falls for their fireworks display. I hear one of the best around. After it got dark we lit off our own fireworks and the kids really enjoyed it. Even Charlie loved watching all the pretty colors.
All in all it was one of the funnest days we've had in awhile and it's one of those Holidays that we'll remember for years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment