Family

Family

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School Days

Today was the first day of 2nd grade for Carson.  You could say he was a bit excited for school to start.  He says it's to get away from his sister, but I'm sure that there are more reasons than just that.  He was up and dressed by the time I came out of my room.  He opted to eat at school, I think so he could get there a few minutes earlier.  I wanted to drop him off at his classroom, but he assured me that he knew where it was and was off on his merry way.  I can say that no tears were shed (except this morning when I put my contacts in-I cut up jalapenos yesterday for salsa) and we are all ready for school to start.  I have great plans of getting so much more done around the house now that Carson is in school,  I guess we'll see if that really happens.  Alaina is looking forward to lazy days at home with mom and Charlie without the distraction and fighting that ensues with a big brother around.  For Charlie not much will change...he'll go about as he usually does.  


Carson ready to go, it's a good thing that school started 30 minutes earlier this year or else we would have been waiting around for awhile.

I'm trying to get Alaina into the Head Start Preschool program here.  I'm still waiting to hear back if she's been accepted or not.  The school is just down the street and would be great for her.  Alaina misses the cutoff to start kindergarten by 18 days and won't start until next year.  She so much wants and needs more educational stimulation, so anyway we're really hoping she get in.  

No comments: