Family

Family

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Ouchie!

So every year after Halloween I cut up and cook our pumpkins to make a pumpkin puree for pies, cookies, bread, etc.  On Monday I was cutting up the pumpkins.  I had a thought go through my head that I'd better be careful or I'd end up cutting myself.  Not a minute later I sliced my left index finger.  I knew it was not just a little cut pretty quickly.  I applied pressure to slow down the bleeding.  I called Tony to tell him about what I had done and that I thought I needed stitches.  Thankfully it was just about Tony's lunch break.  He came home to look at it.  He said that he didn't think that it needed stitches.  The doctor would probably just clean it and bandage it up or maybe put some super glue on it.  But, he said he'd take me to the doctor if I wanted to.  At this point I was laying on the couch because I was feeling sick to my stomach and dizzy.  I opted to go to the doctor.  The doctor looked at my cut and said that it would heal better with some stitches.  So I got a numbing shot to the finger that hurt SO BAD, 3 stitches and a bandage.  The pain has gone down a lot, but having a bandage on my finger it really annoying!  Normal tasks are not so easy anymore.  I get the stitches out in 10 days and it can't come soon enough!       

 Be grateful I cleaned up my finger before taking this picture, it looked a lot worse before.  
In the morning and at night I leave my bandage off to let it dry out a bit, but most of the time it looks like this.  I realized from this picture that I have my mom's hands.  

No comments: