Family

Family

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

We weren't sure if we were going to get a White Christmas this year, but on Christmas Eve it snowed!  Not a ton, but enough to give you the feeling of Christmas.  Today we are getting more snow and possible even more tomorrow.  Maybe we'll try and take the kids sledding this weekend.  
 Tony shoveling the walk.  

This year we stayed home for Christmas.  I was very much looking forward to not traveling and hauling Christmas to Boise and back.  Christmas Eve Nathan, Maegen, and Mackay came over.  We had breakfast for dinner.  Then opened new p.j.'s, listened to Tony read about the birth of Jesus from the scriptures.  Then I played Christmas carols while every one sang along.  I was able to at least play the melody for all the songs.  I'm not the best pianist  but I tried.  Then Tony came up with the idea of calling our parents and singing them "Oh Holy Night" over the phone.  They all loved it and it gave us a sense of togetherness.  Then after Nathan, Maegen, and Mackay left we watched Polar Express.    
The Christmas tree with all the wrapped presents before Santa came.

Christmas morning started at 6:30 a.m.  Carson was the first one up.  I was going to make him wait until 7 because Alaina and Charlie were both still asleep.  Tony overruled me and Carson woke up Alaina while Tony and I got Charlie up.  Charlie was less than thrilled to be woken up in the wee hours of the morning, but once he saw the toys he was happy.
Alaina sporting her new p.j.'s from Grandma and Grandpa Foster and slippers from mom and dad with her loot.  A new baby doll with accessories and play food for her kitchen from Santa.  A new dress and headphones from her stocking.  New books and a lamp from mom and dad.  A princess laptop from Grandma and Grandpa Elton, and a movie from Carson.  
Charlie got a racing track from Santa.  Balls and a tie that matches dad's and Carson's from his stocking. Books and mega blocks from mom and dad.  A smaller racing track from Grandma and Grandpa Elton.   
Carson sporting his p.j.'s from Grandma and Grandpa Foster and slippers from mom and dad.  Transformers Sideswipe, Remote Control Car, new bike helmet, and a BSU hat that matches Dad's.  Headphones and a tie from his stocking.  Books and lamp from mom and dad. A puzzle from Alaina and Hero Factory Legos from Grandma and Grandpa Elton.  
I got a bike helmet (my first one ever) and it even matches my bike.  Head phones to replace the ones my kids destroyed.  And attachments for my kitchen aid!  
Charlie playing mega blocks with dad.  
Tony got some real southern BBQ sauce from South Carolina, a Chevy Camaro Hat, and another BSU hat. 
The aftermath.  

I made Christmas dinner.  I had planned on us eating at about 2:00 but didn't end up eating until almost 6:00 because the stupid Turkey took forever to cook!  It was all very yummy.  A citrus brined turkey, mashed potatoes, rolls, candied yams, stuffing, veggies and dip, and drink.  Of course later we had chocolate cream pie, pumpkin pie, and banana cream pie.  

We had so much food left over that we will be eating leftovers tonight for dinner!  I'd have to say that aside from the turkey taking forever to cook it was a good Christmas.  

No comments: