Family

Family

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cold Snap and 2013

I guess this is what -10 degrees looks like.  This is the inside, yes the inside, of our kitchen window!  When I left at 7:45 this morning to take Carson to school it was -10 degrees.  Makes me wonder how cold it really got last night!  Our high is supposed to be a whopping 9 degrees.  Oh, brrrrrr!

2013
With it being the beginning of a new year I wanted to share some goals of mine for this year.  Maybe this will keep me a bit more accountable for my success or lack of.  

Start exercising on a consistent basis.  I'd like to start running.  There is an indoor track up at the University so I can't use the cold as an excuse to not go.  When the weather turns warm I'd like to do some biking.  Now that I have a helmet.  And I'm hoping to save up my plasma money to buy a bike trailer for Charlie.

Better eating.  I want to start cutting down on my portion sizes, eat more fruits and vegetables, and drink more water.

Read my scriptures.  When I was a teenager I read my scriptures and wrote in my journal pretty much every night.  These years were some of the best in my life.  I want that feeling back again.  So I'm going to read my scriptures every day.  I haven't decided when the best time will be yet or if I'm going to focus on a certain body of scripture.  I'll have to keep you posted. 

Here is to a new year!          


No comments: