Family

Family

Friday, September 5, 2014

Coming out of Hibernation

*I always write these posts, but then never publish them thinking no one really wants to hear about it, so here is my effort to document what's going on.  I'm really trying not to complain too much*

Today I am 15 weeks pregnant with our fourth, and most likely last child.  Yes, this was a planned pregnancy.  Yes, I'm excited for this new little spirit to join our family.  Yes, I remembered how awful I feel for the first half of my pregnancies.  Yes, I remembered how difficult my pregnancies are on my relationships with my spouse and family.  But regardless of all this that I knew, I have to admit that the last few months I've been in a sort of hibernation.  Only doing the bear minimum when it comes to house work.  Only leaving the house when I absolutely have to.  Leaving my children to their own devices for most of the summer.  Retreating to my room for most of the day, leaving only to eat, go to the bathroom, or throw up.  A sort of waiting until I feel better to be of any sort of use to myself or my family.  No I'm not proud of my behavior, but lets face the facts that most of us go into a sort of hibernation when we are sick with a cold or flu.  Which usually at most lasts a week so no big deal.  I would try toughing it out or pushing through it only to once again retreat to my room.  With this pregnancy I am on some anti-nausea medication that really helps a ton and certainly makes me wish I had had it with my other pregnancies.  With the start of school for my kids and starting to feel like I can function I'm starting to come out of my hibernation.  Starting to do more around the house.  Leaving the house more and for longer periods of time.  Being more present for my family or least trying to.  I've recently been asked to serve in our ward as the Cubmaster.  Which is good.  It gives me something to do...once I figure out what I'm doing exactly.  I've also been asked to sub in relief society in a few weeks.  I've never taught in relief society before so we'll see how it goes.  I'm really itching to start sewing sweet things for this baby, but am resigned to wait until "the ultrasound" and Joann's opens.  Which happen to be around the same time.  I don't think it's a coincidence.  So I'm now trying to get into a new routine or grove.  Being someone useful to myself and others but at the same time not overdoing it.  I'm anxiously look forward to the day of trading pregnancy woes to newborn ones.  In about 6 months...sigh.              

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always love to read your blog. Your honest about life instead of hiding how life really is. I'm glad that your on the way to feeling better. As you already know it will be worth it in the end.