Family

Family

Friday, September 26, 2014

Sewing Fast

Shame, shame on me.  I was looking through old posts to discover that the last time I really sewed anything was in April!  What that can't be right!  But alas as I look back, it's true.  With moving and pregnancy my love of sewing has gone to the wayside.  Oh sure I've used my sewing machine to hem this, alter that, and sew a few scout patches here.  But no real sewing projects.  Of course I've got tons of potential projects floating around in my head.  T-shirts for Charlie made from shirts of Tony's that don't fit or he doesn't really like anymore.  Doll dresses from Alaina's 10" doll.  A Sunday dress or two for Alaina.  And of course lots of things for baby,  just trying to hold out until we find out the gender in two weeks!  Also the opening of a Joann fabrics in a week!  Hallelujah!  I've got some fabric on hand but nothing like what my mom had growing up or what my sister-in-law Maegen has, it makes me a bit jealous actually.  To be able to sew just because you want to and have all the supplies on hand.  Sigh.  So I'm hoping that I'll be able to do some sewing soon.  I might just have to ignore the house and my kids for a day. ;)      

No comments: