As a mother I know that this day is more about candy and parties at school for my kids. As a wife I know that this day is just like any other day for my husband and he's just trying to get through it. So, I do my best to make it special for my family. Every year I get those little (cheap) heart boxes of chocolates for my kids. Tony gets a favorite candy and a card, and I do my best to make a special dinner for the family. This year it was Lasagna, Bread Sticks, Salad, Sparkling Cider, and chocolate covered strawberries. Yummy! It's one of the few meals that I don't get a whole bunch of complaining and that's always nice.
The kids getting ready to eat. I was very happy that Tony made it home just in time to eat dinner with us. With school and work we don't always get to eat together, so I enjoy it when we do.
Chocolate covered strawberries. Need I say more?
Tony always gets a rose for me and one for Alaina. I love that this daddy does something special for his little girl on Valentine's Day! The kids also got candy hearts.
All in all I'd say it was a pretty good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment