For FHE tonight we went and picked Huckleberries. Tony's boss told us of a good place to go. Tony and I hadn't picked huckleberries since we were kids so we couldn't quite remember what they looked like. But then we found them. After the first half an hour the picking was like how I remembered it as skid. If you got 3 berries off a bush you were doing good. But then we found the mother load! I had never seen so many berry on a bush before! And they were big too! Charlie especially enjoyed himself. Promptly eating every berry that was put into his bucket. Announcing, "Found One!" Each time he picked from a bush and every so often taking an entire handful of berries from my bucket and putting them all in his mouth! Carson, Alaina, and I began making up songs about picking huckleberries. Our favorite was to the "air mattress" tune. ( to include non Elton family members. It's a song my mom sang while pumping up the air mattress.). By the end we managed to only have a couple mosquito bites, very purple hands, and yummy berries. We sure had fun!



1 comment:
Wow that is a lot! I've been debating going this year, but not sure how well I would do being 8 months pregnant. :) Love huckleberries!
Post a Comment