A few months ago Maegen gave me some cloths to re-purpose and in the pile was a mens polo shirt which quite frankly I thought was repulsively ugly. Well, yesterday I got the creative bug and thought what the heck I'll try and make something cute out of this shirt. I used a tutorial Maegen found for me online which was pretty easy to use. The best part was no hemming or anything. Just use existing edges! It came together super easy and pretty quickly too. I did add another button and hole so it wouldn't gap so much on Alaina. Anyway it's super cute and Alaina loves it! I will say that I was a bit nervous about sewing on jersey knit, but my new machine did a beautiful job! I'm sure I've mentioned how much I LOVE my new sewing machine! Anyway here is the finished product modeled as always by my lovely Alaina. Sorry I didn't think to take a picture of the shirt before hand. But just think this shirt was a size XXL. Can you imagine this pattern on a man that size. Now you know what I mean by super ugly mens polo. So lesson learned, ugly mens polo means cute girls dress! I may have to take a trip to DI and see if I can find more super ugly shirts to make some more of these dresses before school starts.
No comments:
Post a Comment