Family

Family

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Working on the Yard

Yesterday evening we got started working on our patch of dirt in the front.  It has been unusually warm lately and although it was 6:00 in the evening Tony and I managed to work up quite a sweat.  We cut out the beds and raked out the weeds Tony had sprayed last week.  We threw out some seed and are anxiously waiting for our grass to come up.  Tonight I think we'll need to spread some straw over the top to keep the birds from eating the seed.  I've caught them in the yard already.  We had no intention of getting so much done last night, but it went faster than we had expected.  We might bring in some top soil for the beds and maybe this fall we'll get some good deals on some trees, shrubs, and flowers for the beds.  Needless to say we were exhausted when we fell into bed last night.  The kids and I ended up sleeping in this morning until 8:00!  This was a total shock to me because that never happens.  The kids usually are up around 6:30.  Our family is coming into the busy time of year with scout camp outs, family reunions, end of school activities, and Tony is putting in two sprinkler systems for some families in the ward.  So we're trying to fit in our home projects where we can.  We still have to finish painting all our ceilings white.  Figure out how to finish our back yard since our source for free sod has flaked out on us.  Paint the exterior of our house, and of course all the other "little" projects we have planned for our home.  I know I've said it before; fixing up a home is a lot of work, but it is so gratifying to see the results of your labor.
                           

No comments: